Talks & Events
Leadership, teamwork, resiliency, communication, trust, and decision making all set in the exciting context of polar history.
Brad delivered a terrific, fascinating and extremely motivational session at the B2B Marketing Leaders Forum this year – his passion and knowledge about the great age of exploration is extraordinary, and this made for an excellent addition to our agenda.
Brad and David have spoken at business conferences and events, universities, literary festivals, Antarctic conferences, church groups, bookstores, and on Atlantic and Antarctic cruises. Our speaker’s agent, Diana Boulter, is always available to discuss your specific event requirements. Please contact Diana at email@example.com.
Brad and David tailor their talks to each specific audience. Testimonials
- Podcast interview, Jan 2020
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Mar 2020
- Guest speaker talking about Product Innovation and the early Antarctic Explorers
- HULF Literary Festival, UK, Apr 2019
- Guest speaker talking about Captain Scott’s Legacy and his impact on Climate Change Research
- South Georgia Heritage Trust, UK, date to be determined
- Guest speaker
- Antarctic Cruise: Polar Latitudes Hebridean Sky, Nov 2019
- Guest lecture about Shackleton on the day the ship visited Grytviken, South Georgia island in Antarctica, which is where Shackleton is buried.
- Co-presented with Adventurer, Explorer and Historian: Seb Coulthard
- Internet Radio Interview, Sept 2019
- Brad with Chris Fagan (author of The Expedition: Two Parents Risk Life and Family in an Extraordinary Quest to the South Pole)
- Western Mortgagee Advisory Council Conference in San Francisco, Sept 2019
- Keynote speaker
- Windstar Cruise Line, Aug 2019
- Guest lecturer on North Atlantic crossing
- TV Interview, June 2019
- Brad interviewed by Dr. Joan Goldstein
- WH Smith Bookstore, Richmond, Surrey, UK June 2019
- Book signing event
- Internet Radio Interview, June 2019
- Brad and Dennis Kleinman (audiobook narrator for When Your Life Depends on It)
- How we made the audiobook and why it was up for a major Hollywood award.
- Antarctic Conference, Dublin, June 2019
- Speaker at the 4th South Pole-sium Antarctic Conference in Dublin
- Business Conference, London, May 2019
- After-dinner speech at the Customer Experience World Conference in London
- Literary Festival, Apr 2019
- Keynote speaker at the Hawkesbury Upton Literary Festival
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Apr 2019
- Guest speaker at their away-day team building session in Cambridge
- Viking Cruise Line, Mar 2019
- Guest lecturer on North Atlantic crossing
- Windstar Cruise LIne, Nov 2018
- Guest lectures on North Atlantic crossing
- Scott Polar Research Institute, Cambridge England, Oct 2018
- Guest lecture on When Your Life Depends on It.
- B2B Marketing Leaders Forum, London, Sept 2018
- “Developing a Resiliency Mind-set for Modern-Day Business Leaders: Lessons from Scott, Shackleton and the Heroic Age”
- Conference attended by 150 CMO’s (Chief Marketing Officers)
- Testimonial from B2B Marketing provided above
- Present Day Club, Princeton NJ Sept 2018
- “Leadership, Team Work and Decision Making: Lessons from the Antarctic”
- Private members club was founded by Woodrow Wilson’s wife.
- 116 in the audience. Testimonial from Club President provided.
- Credit Suisse Investment Bank, London July 2018
- “Disruptive Innovators and early Antarctic Explorers”
- 370 Credit Suisse employees attended from 16 different countries.
- Great Minds Lecture Series in Princeton NJ, May 2018
- Author Talk Radio Interview, Apr 2018
- “3 Authors who write about Brave People in Cold Climates” Margaret Winslow (Antarctica and the Southern Oceans), Roger Seiler (Alaska), Brad Borkan (Antarctica)
- University Guest Lecture: Dominican University of California, April 2018
- “Leadership, Teams, and Change”
- Speaker at “Interesting Talks London”, March 2018
- Princeton PSRC Charity talk Dec 2017
- “More Tales from the Antarctic”
- Antarctic Conference in Ireland, Oct 2017
- Book Launch on the first day of the Shackleton Conference, Athy, Ireland
- Strand Business conference, Oct 2017
- Book talks at libraries and bookstores, July – Sept 2017
- Public Library at Hancock Point, Maine
- Floreys Bookstore, California
- Copperfield’s Bookstore California
- Book launch: Discovery Point, Scotland: May 2017
- Antarctic Conference held at Discovery Point, Dundee, Scotland – museum housing Scott’s Discovery ship
- “Shackleton’s Genius—Reframing the Image of Success, a critical skill for the 21st century”
- Book launch: Fram Museum, Norway: May 2017
- South Pole-sium Conference – Fram museum housing Amundsen’s Antarctic ship, the Fram.
- Devon & Cornwall Polar Society: March 2017
- Book talk at the Devon & Cornwall Polar Society, Duke of Cornwall Hotel, Plymouth.
- Shackleton stayed at The Duke of Cornwall Hotel the night before the Endurance sailed to Antarctica in 1914.